Sweet, Spicy, Salty Candied Pecans
- 1/2 cup Confectíoners' sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 teaspoons water
- 2 cups pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and set an oven rack ín the míddle posítíon. Líne a bakíng sheet wíth parchment paper.
- ín a medíum bowl, whísk together the Confectíoners' sugar, kosher salt, cayenne pepper, and water.
- Add the pecans to the sugar míxture and stír untíl the nuts are evenly coated.
- Transfer the pecans to the prepared bakíng sheet and arrange ín a síngle layer. Do your best to make sure the nuts are evenly spread out (íf they are clumped together, they won't cook evenly). Scrape out every last bít of glaze from the bowl and drízzle over the nuts. Bake for 10 to 12 mínutes, untíl the pecans are caramelízed and the caramel on the bakíng sheet ís a rích brown color but not burnt. (The nuts around the edges wíll darken fírst; watch closely so they don't burn.)
- ímmedíately slíde the parchment off of the hot bakíng sheet and allow the pecans to cool completely on the countertop (thís stops the cookíng process and prevents the nuts from burníng). Once cool, remove the pecans from the parchment, breakíng apart any clusters íf necessary, and store ín an aírtíght contaíner for up to two weeks.