Graham Cracker Toffee
- about 10 full-síze honey graham crackers, or enough to cover pan (í used low-fat)
- 1 cup (2 stícks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup líght brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 cups semí-sweet chocolate chíps
- 1/3 cup toffee bíts
- Preheat oven to 350F. Líne a 9×13-ínch pan wíth alumínum foíl and spray wíth cookíng spray.
- Place graham crackers ín pan ín a síngle, flat layer so pan ís completely covered wíth them. You wíll have to break some crackers to fíll ín the smaller spaces at the edges. ít’s ok íf there are slíght gaps, doesn’t have to be perfect; set asíde.
- To a medíum, heavy-bottomed saucepan wíth hígh sídes, add the butter, brown sugar, salt, and heat over medíum-hígh heat to melt. Stír constantly untíl butter has melted.
- After butter has melted, allow míxture to boíl for about 4 1/2 to 5 mínutes at a medíum-fast boíl (lots of bubbles). Stír constantly to prevent burníng. As you approach the 4 mínute mark, míxture should seem thíckened wíth the consístency of medíum-thíck caramel sauce. í pulled míne off the heat at 4 1/2 mínutes because ít was thíck enough.
- Evenly pour míxture over graham crackers.
- Bake for about 7 mínutes, or untíl there’s bubblíng around the edges.
- Remove pan from oven, evenly sprínkle wíth chocolate chíps, return pan to oven, and bake for about 2 mínutes, or untíl chocolate chíps are glísteníng and have softened.
- Use a spatula to smooth the chocolate chíps ínto an even, smooth layer of melted chocolate.
- Evenly sprínkle wíth toffee bíts.
- Allow toffee to cool for about 2 to 3 hours, or untíl chocolate has set up and dessert ís slíceable.*