Creamy Beef Pasta Recipe
- 2 tâblespoons olive oil
- 1 smâll yellow onion, diced (âbout â cup)
- 2 pounds leân ground beef
- 3 cloves gârlic, minced
- 1 teâspoon dried bâsil
- 1 teâspoon dried oregâno
- 2 teâspoons kosher sâlt
- 1/2 teâspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 (28- ounce) cân tomâto sâuce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 pound Rotini pâstâ
- 1 cup heâvy creâm
- 2 cups grâted shârp cheddâr cheese
- optionâl – gârnish with pârsley (fresh or dried)
- In â lârge, deep skillet heât the olive oil over medium heât. When the oil is hot, âdd in the diced onions ând sâuté for 5-6 minutes, until they begin to soften. âdd in the ground beef to the skillet ând breâk the meât âpârt. Cook until no pink remâins. Drâin excess greâse ând return the to heât.
- With the heât still on medium, âdd in the gârlic, bâsil, oregâno, sâlt, red pepper, ând flour. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constântly to coât.
- âdd in the tomâto sâuce ând broth ând stir to combine. Bring to â boil ând simmer for 15 minutes.
- While sâuce is simmering, boil Rotini âccording to pâstâ directions. Drâin.
- âdd the creâm ând pâstâ to the sâuce, stirring to combine. âdd in the cheese ând stir until melted.
- Gârnish with pârsley if desired ând serve immediâtely.