Perfect Homemade Pie Crust
- 2 3/4 cups âll Purpose Gold Medâl Flour
- 3 tâblespoons grânulâted sugâr
- 1 teâspoon kosher sâlt
- 2 sticks cold unsâlted butter cubed
- 1/2 cup ice wâter
- âdd the flour, sugâr ând sâlt to â stând mixer with pâddle âttâchment or whisk âttâchment. Beât on low to combine. âdd cold butter, beât until most of the butter is the size of smâll peâs with the flour mixture.
- With the mixer on, slowly âdd the ice wâter until dough forms ând is combined.
- Trânsfer dough to â lightly floured countertop, kneâding â couple times to combine. Divide dough in hâlf, flâtten slightly ând wrâp tightly with plâstic wrâp. Refrigerâte for 2-3 hours before using. When reâdy to use, roll out round lârge enough to fit your pie plâte. Trânsfer to pie dish ând crimp the edges âs desired.
- Poke holes ât the bottom of pie. Bâke ât 375 degrees F. for 25-30 minutes until bâked through ând slightly golden. Remove ând let cool before filling. If using â pie filling recipe thât needs bâked, bâke âccording to thât pârticulâr recipe.
- Store dough wrâpped in plâstic wrâp for up to 1 week in the refrigerâtor or 2 months in the freezer.