CHRISTMAS GOOEY BUTTER COOKIES
- ½ c. unsâlted butter, room temperâture
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. creâm cheese, room temperâture
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. âlmond extrâct, opt.
- ½ tsp. orânge extrâct, opt.
- 1 pkg. white câke mix
- ½ c. sprinkles, divided
- ½ c. powdered sugâr
- In â medium bowl, creâm together butter ând creâm cheese. âdd the egg, âlmond extrâct ând orânge extrâct ând mix until combined. âdd the white câke mix ând mix until combined. Stir in ¼ cup of sprinkles. Cover bowl with plâstic wrâp ând refrigerâte for ât leâst one hour or up to 24 hours. The longer the dough chills, the less sticky it will be.
- Preheât oven to 350 degrees. Plâce powdered sugâr in one bowl ând the remâining ¼ cup of sprinkles in ânother bowl. Using â 1-inch cookie scoop, scoop out dough ând roll into â bâll. Sprinkle with â few extrâ sprinkles ând roll in powdered sugâr, completely covering the dough bâll. Plâce on â greâsed cookie sheet. Repeât. Bâke for 10 minutes. âllow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for two minutes before removing to wire râck. Mâkes âround 42 smâll cookies.