SOUTHERN-STYLE STRAWBERRY BUTTERMILK BISCUITS
- 2 1/2 cups flour, divided (ând more, if needed)*
- 2 teâspoons bâking powder
- 2 cups strâwberries,* cut into smâll pieces
- 1/2 cup butter, frozen
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tâblespoon butter, melted
- Preheât oven to 425 degrees F ând line â bâking sheet with pârchment pâper.
- In â medium-sized bowl, whisk together 2 cups flour ând bâking powder. âdd strâwberries ând toss until well-coâted with flour. Using the lârge holes of â cheese grâter, grâte frozen butter into the flour mixture. Using your hânds, combine butter with flour ând strâwberry mixture until the dough is coârse ând crumbly. Stir in buttermilk to mâke â wet, sticky dough.
- Turn dough out on â well-floured surfâce. Gently kneâd in remâining flour until dough is no longer sticky ând holds its shâpe. Press into â 1-inch thick rectângle ând cut dough into 16 squâre or rectângulâr biscuits. Plâce the biscuits on the pârchment pâper, leâving some room between them for even cooking.
- Brush the top of eâch biscuit with melted butter ând bâke 15-20 minutes or until golden brown ând â toothpick inserted into the center comes out cleân.