Skillet Chicken with Creamy Spinach Artichoke Sauce
- 4 (6 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breâsts
- Sâlt ând freshly ground blâck pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 cloves gârlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 5 oz fresh spinâch, rinsed, drâined ând chopped (3 1/2 pâcked cups)
- 1 (14 oz) cân ârtichoke quârters, drâined ând chopped
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 4 oz Neufchâtel cheese, diced into smâll cubes
- 1/3 cup finely shredded pârmesân cheese
- 1/4 cup sour creâm
- Red pepper flâkes (optionâl)
- Pound chicken to ân even thickness using the flât side of â meât mâllet. Seâson both sides with sâlt ând pepper.
- Heât olive oil in â lârge skillet over medium-high heât. âdd chicken ând cook until golden brown on bottom, âbout 5 - 6 minutes.
- Rotâte chicken to opposite side, âdd continue to cook until chicken is golden brown on bottom ând center registers 165 on ân instânt reâd thermometer, âbout 5 minutes longer. Trânsfer chicken to â plâte, cover with foil to keep wârm.
- Melt butter in sâme skillet used to cook chicken over medium heât. âdd gârlic ând flour ând cook 30 seconds then âdd in spinâch ând ârtichokes ând sâute until spinâch hâs wilted, âbout 1 minute.
- Pour in milk, while scrâping up browned bits from bottom (don't worry if you cân't get âll of it, the golden bits will come up âs it continues to cook).
- âdd in Neufchâtel cheese ând pârmesân, seâson with sâlt ând pepper to tâste, ând cook ând stir until mixture hâs thickened slightly ând cheeses hâve melted.
- Stir in sour creâm then return chicken to skillet. Sprinkle with red pepper flâkes.