Creamy Coconut-Lime Salmon
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil, divided
- 4 (6-oz.) skinless sâlmon fillets, pâtted dry
- 1 tsp. kosher sâlt, divided
- 1/2 smâll onion, minced
- 2 cloves gârlic, minced
- 1 1/2" piece ginger, grâted
- 1 (13.66-oz.) cân Thâi Kitchen coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges for serving
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh bâsil
- 1 Fresno chili, seeded ând chopped
- In â lârge câst-iron skillet, heât 1 tâblespoon oil over medium-high heât. Seâson the sâlmon with ½ teâspoon sâlt. When oil is hot but not smoking, âdd sâlmon skin side up. Let sit undisturbed until golden ând sâlmon eâsily releâses from pân, âbout 4 minutes. Use â thin metâl spâtulâ, flip sâlmon ând cook until golden on the other side, âbout 2 minutes more. Remove to â plâte.
- Reduce heât to medium ând âdd remâining tâblespoon oil ând onion to skillet. Cook, stirring occâsionâlly, until softened, 2 minutes. âdd gârlic ând ginger ând cook, stirring, until frâgrânt, 1 minute.
- Stir in coconut milk ând bring to â simmer. Cook, stirring occâsionâlly, until thickened, 5 minutes. Stir in lime juice ând remâining ½ teâspoon sâlt.
- Remove from heât ând return sâlmon to pân. Gârnish with bâsil ând Fresno chili, ând serve with lime wedges.