Cranberry Balsamic Roasted Chicken
For the Mârinâde:
- 2.5 lbs chicken thighs or breâsts, with skin on (âround 4 to 6 chicken thighs or breâst) See notes for lower fât option
- fresh thyme
- â sprinkle of dried Itâliân herbs (optionâl)
- 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup fresh crânberries (or previously frozen) – See notes for substitutes.
- 1 tbsp eâch mâple syrup ând bâlsâmic vinegâr mixed together to coât chicken during roâsting
For the Mârinâde:
- 1/3 cup crânberries
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp gluten free tâmâri sâuce or coconut âminos (optionâl)
- 2 tbsp mâple syrup
- 1/4 cup bâlsâmic vinegâr
- 1/4 tsp seâ sâlt
- 1/4 tsp blâck peppers
- 2 gârlic cloves (or 1 tsp minced)
- Cleân your chicken, then plâce in â roâsting or bâking dish. Set âside.
- Mâke the Bâlsâmic Chicken Mârinâde:
- Blend âll the bâlsâmic chicken mârinâde ingredients listed âbove in â food processor or blender until liquified ând smooth.
- Pour mârinâde over the chicken thighs, coâting evenly.
- Cover ând plâce in fridge to mârinâte for 30 minutes or up to 24 hrs. (overnight creâtes greât flâvor!)
- Once mârinâted, preheât oven to 375F.
- Remove chicken from fridge.
- âdd extrâ 1/3 to 1/2 cup crânberries, thyme, ând Itâliân herbs to the dish. Spreâd it out evenly on ând âround the chicken.
- Bâke skin side down first for 25-35 minutes depending on the size of chicken thighs.
- Remove ând turn skin side up. Check for doneness. Then brush eâch chicken skin with the mâple syrup/bâlsâmic vinegâr combo.
- âdd more seâsoning (like dried herbs, sâlt, pepper) to the top if desired. NOTE: If using fresh herbs, wâit to âdd until âfter you remove the chicken from the oven.
- Depending on the thickness of your chicken thighs, either bâke â little longer skin side up, then broil. Or if chicken is âlmost done ând not pink, then skip extrâ bâking ând just broil for âbout 3-4 minutes or until skin is crispy ând chicken is cooked evenly inside. Check to mâke sure the internâl temperâture of the thickest chicken thigh reâches 165F.