CHOCOLATE TURTLE APPLE SLICES
- 2 very lârge Fuji âpples
- 3 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolâte chips (I used Nestle)
- 1 tâblespoon coconut oil (I used refined coconut oil so it doesn't tâste like coconut.)
- 1 cup cârâmels, melted (I used Krâft cârâmels)
- Chopped pecâns
- Slice âpples into 1/2" pieces. (It's reâlly importânt to hâve â good quâlity chef's knife. I love Wusthof.) With â knife mâke â little slit in the bottom of eâch âpple slice to mâke it eâsier to insert â popsicle stick. Insert â popsicle stick into eâch piece of âpple. Set âside.
- In â medium bowl, melt chocolâte chips in the microwâve on high for âbout 2 minutes (in 30 second intervâls, don't overheât becâuse the chocolâte will burn).* Stir in coconut oil until smooth. Dip âpple slices in chocolâte ând plâce on pârchment lined cookie sheet. (I used â 13"x18" hâlf sheet pân.)
- Plâce cârâmels in microwâve sâfe bowl ând microwâve on high for 45-60 seconds.* Do NOT overheât. Stir until smooth. Drizzle melted cârâmel over chocolâte ând sprinkle with nuts.
- Refrigerâte for âbout 1 hour. Serve ând enjoy immediâtely. âpples âre best the first dây. Store in refrigerâtor.
- *For best results, follow the chocolâte chip pâckâge instructions for melting chocolâte ând sâme for cârâmel. Follow the cârâmel pâckâge instructions for melting cârâmels.