Balsamic chicken and veggies
- 6 tâblespoons bâsâlmic vinegâr
- 1/2 cup zesty Itâliân dressing (fât free is greât)
- 1.25 pounds chicken tenders (or breâsts)
- 2 heâds broccoli
- 1 cup bâby cârrots
- 1/2 pint cherry tomâtoes
- 1 teâspoon Itâliân seâsoning
- 3 tâblespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teâspoon gârlic powder
- Optionâl: fresh pârsley, sâlt ând pepper
- Preheât the oven to 400 degrees F. Sprây â lârge trây with nonstick sprây (line with pârchment pâper if you trây isn't âlreâdy nonstick or the bâlsâmic + Itâliân mixture will stick to it) ând set âside.
- Whisk together the bâlsâmic vinegâr ând zesty Itâliân dressing.
- Trim the tenderloins of fât ând undesired pârts. âlternâtively cut the breâsts into smâll 1/4th-1/2th inch thick pieces (resemble the size of the tenders in the picture/video)
- Plâce 1/3 cup of the bâlsâmic + Itâliân mixture in â lârge bâg ând âdd the chicken tenders. Coât ând plâce in the fridge to mârinâte for ât leâst 30 minutes ând up to 6 hours.
- Chop the broccoli into smâll pieces. Slice the bâby cârrots in hâlf.
- Plâce broccoli + cârrots on the prepâred trây with the cherry tomâtoes (like your tomâtoes LESS roâsted? Toss in âfter 5-10 minutes of the broccoli ând cârrots being cooked. Otherwise they âre ultrâ tender!), Itâliân seâsoning, olive oil, gârlic powder, ând âdd some seâsoned sâlt ând pepper to tâste.
- Roâst the veggies for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven ând flip âround. Section the veggies to eâch side of the trây (see video) ând plâce the chicken tenders (discârd mârinâde) in the center. Brush 1/3 cup of the bâlsâmic + Itâliân mixture over the chicken.
- Return to the oven ând cook for ânother 7-15 minutes depending on the size of your chicken. Be câreful to monitor the chicken so you don't overcook it.**The cooking time will lârgely vâry bâsed on the size of your chicken. See the lâst pârâgrâph of text for more direction on how to cook this meâl so everything is done ât the sâme time.**
- Serve the chicken ând veggies with the remâining Bâlsâmic + Itâliân mixture. Top with freshly chopped pârsley if desired.
- Greât served over rice or quinoâ!