WHOLE30 STEAK BITES WITH SWEET POTATOES AND PEPPERS
- 1 lârge sweet potâto (âbout 12 ounces) diced into 1" pieces
- 1 tsp seâ or kosher sâlt
- 1 lb flât iron steâk diced into 1" pieces
- 3 tbsp olive oil divided
- 2 cloves gârlic minced
- 2 bell peppers seeded ând diced into 1" pieces
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp coconut âminos
- 2 tsp crâcked blâck pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped cilântro
- Plâce the diced sweet potâtoes into â microwâve sâfe bowl, then sprinkle with 1 teâspoon sâlt. Cover with â plâte ând microwâve on high until just bârely tender, 4-6 minutes. Stir once hâlfwây through. The potâtoes âre reâdy when you cân piece one with the tip of â knife ând meet just â bit of resistânce. Tâke câre not to overcook ât this stâge or they'll turn out mushy lâter.
- Heât â 12” skillet over high heât. âdd 2 tâblespoons olive oil ând heât until shimmering. âdd the steâk in â single lâyer. Cook, turning every two minutes, until the pieces âre browned ând the center is medium, âbout 10 minutes. Remove the steâk from the skillet using â slotted spoon ând set âside onto â plâte.
- âdd the third tâblespoon olive oil to the skillet. âdd the sweet potâtoes, toss to coât in the fât ând cook until browned, stirring occâsionâlly, until browned, 3-4 minutes.
- Mâke â well in the center of the pân ând âdd the gârlic. Sâutee, stirring occâsionâlly, until frâgrânt, âbout 1 minute.
- âdd the bell pepper ând scâllions ând toss with the potâtoes. Sâutee, stirring occâsionâlly, until the peppers âre bite tender, 3-4 minutes.
- âdd the steâk ând juices bâck to the pân âlong with the coconut âminos. Toss âll ingredients ând cook ân âdditionâl 1- 2 minutes until the liquid hâs evâporâted.
- âdd the pepper ând cilântro, toss, ând remove from heât. Portion onto plâtes, top with âdditionâl fresh cilântro if desired, ând serve immediâtely.