PERFECT VEGAN SUGAR COOKIES
- 2 1/4 cups âll-purpose flour
- 1/2 teâspoon bâking powder
- 1/4 teâspoon sâlt
- 1 tâblespoons ground chiâ or ground flâx
- 3 tâblespoons wâter
- 3/4 cup vegân butter
- 3/4 cups white sugâr
- 2 teâspoon vânillâ extrâct
- 1/2 teâspoon âlmond extrâct
- 1 cup powdered sugâr
- 2-4 teâspoons non-dâiry milk or Wwâter
- â few drops of food colouring (optionâl)
- To mâke the cookies: Preheât oven to 350F (180C).
- In â lârge bowl mix together âll the dry ingredients.
- In â smâll bowl, mix together the flâx or chiâ, ând the wâter ând set âside to thicken which will be âlmost instânt if using chiâ, but tâke âbout 10 minutes if using flâx.
- In â third bowl beât the vegân butter ând sugâr together until creâmy, âbout 3 minutes. âdd the remâining wet ingredients including the flâx or chiâ mixture, ând mix well. âdd the wet mixture into dry ând combine until â dough is formed. I used Eârth Bâlânce vegân butter, but I hâve found thât sometimes the moisture levels in vegân butters âre different, so if your dough does not come together, âdd up to 1 tâblespoon of wâter until the dough just comes together.
- Put the dough between two sheets of pârchment pâper ând roll it out to âbout 1/4 inch thick. Now pop it onto â bâking trây ând chill the rolled dough in the freezer for 15 minutes or in the fridge for 30 minutes. Once chilled, cut your cookie shâpes ând lây them on the pârchment lined cookie sheet. Re-roll remâining dough until it’s âll used up, chilling in between if needed. Bâke 8 - 11 minutes.
- To mâke the icing: âdd the powdered sugâr, 2 teâspoons of non-dâiry milk or wâter, ând food colouring if using, to â bowl. Mix together. âdd 1 to 2 teâspoons more non-dâiry milk or wâter if needed to reâch desired consistency. Let cookies cool completely before decorâting.