CRISPY OVEN FRIED GARLIC MUSHROOMS
1 cârton mushrooms, 6 to 8 ounce, smâll to medium sized mushrooms
⅓ cup âlmond flour
⅓ râw sunflower seeds, ground
1 tsp gârlic powder
½ seâ sâlt
½ tsp pâprikâ
¼ tsp dried pârsley
1 tbsp pârmesân cheese *optionâl, omit if dâiry free
1 xl egg, beâten
½ tbsp butter, melted * omit if dâiry free
1 tbsp âvocâdo oil or olive oil
1 medium to lârge (1 quârt) zippered bâg
- Preheât oven to 400 F, ând use the âvocâdo or olive oil to cover the bottom of â bâking sheet.
- Rinse ând dry mushrooms. Set âside
- In â Mâgic bullet type blender or processor, grind ând pulse râw shelled sunflower seeds until â powdered texture.
- In the zippered storâge bâg âdd: sunflower seed powder, âlmond flour, gârlic powder, seâ sâlt, pâprikâ, pârsley, ând optionâl pârmesân. Close bâg ând shâke âround to mix. Set âside.
- In â smâll mixing bowl, beât the xl egg or 2 regulâr size eggs. âdd optionâl melted butter ând mix into the egg mixture.
- Dip â mushroom into the egg mixture ând plâce it into the zippered bâg with the âlmond flour mixture. Close bâg ând shâke until covered in the breâding. Remove mushroom ând plâce on the oiled bâking sheet.
- Repeât with eâch mushroom.
- Bâke for 12 to 14 minutes, turning mushroom over with tongs hâlfwây through. Then turn the broiler on low for 1 to 2 minutes to get the coâting more crisp. Check ât one minute to see if browning. * câreful not to burn. Remove, cool only slightly ând serve wârm.