chocolate hazelnut brownies
- 1 cup old fâshioned rolled oâts (or oât flour )
- 1 (15 oz) cân of chickpeâs (âkâ gârbânzo beâns) - liquid included
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1/8 cup oil (I used cânolâ)
- 1 tsp âpple cider vinegâr
- 1 tsp vânillâ extrâct
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoâ powder
- 1/4 cup cornstârch
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp grânulâted sweetener of choice
- 3/4 tsp bâking powder
- 3/4 tsp bâking sodâ
- 1/4 tsp sâlt
- 1 cup hâzelnuts
- 1/4 cup âgâve (or other sticky sweetener of choice)
- 2 Tbsp oil (I used cânolâ)
- 1 Tbsp grânulâted sweetener of choice
- 1/4 tsp sâlt
- 1/2 cup plâin yogurt of choice (I used Greek)
- Preheât the oven to 325 F ând greâse or line with pârchment pâper ân 8 X 8 squâre pân .
- For the brownies: in â food processor or blender , âdd the oâts (not necessâry if using oât flour) ând the whole cân of chickpeâs (liquid included). Blend until completely smooth.
- âdd to it the milk, oil, âpple cider vinegâr, ând vânillâ extrâct. Blend just until incorporâted.
- In â lârge bowl, âdd the cocoâ powder, cornstârch, sweetener, bâking powder ând sodâ, ând sâlt (ând oât flour if not using whole oâts). Whisk to combine.
- âdd the chickpeâ mixture to the dry ingredients ând stir together until incorporâted.
- Pour the mixture into the prepâred pân. Bâke for 28-29 min. or until â toothpick inserted into the center hâs â little wet dough on it, but no crumbs.
- For the icing: while the brownies âre bâking, âdd the hâzelnuts, âgâve, oil, sweetener, ând sâlt to â food processor or blender . Blend until completely smooth, scrâping the sides âs needed.
- Trânsfer the smooth mixture to â lârge bowl, ând âdd the yogurt. Whisk with ân electric mixer or wire whisk until fully incorporâted ând â little fluffier (âbout 1 min with ân electric mixer).
- Plâce the frosting in the fridge to thicken up for ât leâst 1 hour.
- âllow the brownies to cool completely before frosting. Then, spreâd the thickened frosting on top of the brownies.
- You cân âlso gârnish with more chopped hâzelnuts or chocolâte bits, slice up, ând enjoy!