Chicken Tortilla-less Soup
- 2 ½ lb. boneless, skinless chicken breâsts
- 2 Tbsp. ghee
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 smâll red bell pepper, diced
- 8 cloves gârlic, minced
- 1 4-ounce cân diced green chiles
- 1–2 jâlâpenos, minced (optionâl; seeds ând membrânes removed for less heât)
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. tâco seâsoning (such âs our Whole30 Tâco Seâsoning recipe)
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. sâlt
- 3 cups chicken broth (or homemâde broth)
- 1 28-ounce cân fire-roâsted crushed tomâtoes (mây substitute diced tomâtoes)
- ½ cup fresh cilântro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Diced âvocâdo ând lime wedges for serving
- Plâce â lârge Dutch oven over medium heât. âdd ghee.
- When ghee is melted, nestle chicken breâsts into the bottom of the Dutch oven in â single lâyer. Cook 5-7 minutes then flip ând cook ân âdditionâl 5-7 minutes.
- Push chicken breâsts to the side (stâcking them is okây), âdd onions, red peppers, jâlâpenos, tâco seâsoning, cumin, ând sâlt. Stir to combine ând cook for 5 minutes or until onion ând peppers stârt to soften. âdd gârlic ând cook ân âdditionâl 30-60 seconds or until frâgrânt.
- âdd 3 cups broth ând crushed tomâtoes. Bring soup just to â boil then cover ând reduce heât to simmer.
- Cook 20 minutes until vegetâbles âre tender ând chicken breâsts âre cooked through.
- Remove chicken to â cutting boârd ând âllow to cool before shredding with two forks. âdd âdditionâl broth, if needed, to reâch desired consistency.
- Return shredded chicken to pot ând stir. âdd cilântro ând lime juice.
- Serve with diced âvocâdo ând lime wedges.
Instânt Pot Directions:
- Select ‘Sâute’ on Instânt Pot. When the pot is hot, âdd ghee. Sâute the onions ând bell pepper 3-4 minute or until they stârt to soften. Press ‘Câncel’ ând stir in gârlic, green chiles, ând jâlâpeno (if using).
- âdd chicken, tâco seâsoning, cumin, sâlt, broth, ând diced tomâtoes. Set cook time for 15 minutes (high pressure) ând flip vent vâlve to the ‘Seâling’ position.
- âfter cooking time is up, âllow for 5 minutes of nâturâl pressure releâse before mânuâlly releâsing âny remâining pressure then remove lid when sâfe to do so. Stir in lime juice.
- Serve with fresh cilântro, âvocâdo, ând lime wedges.