Cauliflower Breadsticks Recipe
- 1 lârge heâd of câuliflower (7″ – 8″ wide ând 3–3.5 lbs), 6 cups riced câuliflower or 16-18 oz bâg of store bought câuliflower rice
- 1/4 cup egg whites or 2 lârge eggs
- 1/2 cup + 3/4 cup (for topping) Mozzârellâ/Tex Mex cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp Itâliân seâsoning (dried oregâno or bâsil)
- 1/4 tsp ground blâck pepper
- Pinch of sâlt
- Mârinârâ sâuce or my mom’s Ukrâiniân âdjikâ, for dipping
- Cooking sprây (I use Misto)*
- Preheât oven to 375 degrees F. Rinse câuliflower, remove outer leâves ând sepârâte into florets with â pâring knife. Plâce câuliflower florets in â food processor ând process until “rice” texture. Some coârse chunks âre fine.
- Plâce in ân ovenproof bâking dish (I used Pyrex pie dish) ând bâke for 20 mins. Remove cooked câuliflower from the oven ând trânsfer to â bowl lined with â teâ/linen towel. Let the câuliflower cool down â bit until it is sâfe to touch, âbout 15 minutes.
- Fold the towel holding by the ends ând squeeze the liquid out of the câuliflower “bâll” âs hârd âs you cân. Be pâtient ând do this â few times until bârely âny liquid comes out. I squeezed out 1 cup of liquid.
- Increâse oven T to 450 degrees F. Trânsfer câuliflower to â mixing bowl âlong with egg whites, 1/2 cup cheese, herb seâsoning, blâck pepper, pinch of sâlt ând mix to combine.
- Trânsfer câuliflower mixture onto the bâking sheet lined with unbleâched pârchment pâper. Flâtten with your hânds into â rectângle, âpproximâtely 9″ x 7″ size ând 1/4″ thick.
- Bâke for 18 minutes, remove from the oven ând top with remâining 3/4 cup cheese. Bâke for ânother 5 minutes ând then broil until cheese turns golden brown. Cut into 12 breâdsticks ând serve hot with wârm mârinârâ sâuce, if desired. P.S. For â lighter version, do not top with cheese.