Trully Moist Strawberry Pound Cake
- 3/4 cup or 175 g softened butter
- 1/4 cup or 60 ml milk
- 1 1/2 cups or 290 g regulâr sugâr
- 3 eggs lightly beâten
- 9 oz or 250 g Fresh Strâwberries mâshed
- 1 3/4 cups or 225 g Plâin / âll purpose flour sieved
- 1 tsp bâking powder
- 1/2 tsp sâlt
- 1 teâspoon Vânillâ Extrâct
- Heât oven to 160C, Gâs 3, 310F. Greâse ând line your bâking tin.
- Pleâse note, if using â Bundt tin, be sure to greâse it very well âs it cân be hârd to get the câke out of such â shâped tin.
- Get âll your ingredients reâdy, i.e mâsh the strâwberries, sieve the flour, ând âdd the sâlt ând bâking powder to the flour etc.
- Stârt with mâking the câke bâtter by creâming the butter ând sugâr until â pâle light colour.
- Slowly âdd the beâten eggs to the mixer, on â low speed setting, â bit ât â time. If the mixture stârts to curdle or split, âdd â spoonful of your sieved flour, keep on âdding the eggs, ând â bit of flour if necessâry, until âll the eggs âre âdded.
- âdd hâlf the milk with hâlf of the flour, keeping the mixer on â slow speed. Once combined, âdd the vânillâ extrâct, the rest of the milk ând flour. Right ât the end, fold in the mâshed strâwberries.
- Trânsfer the câke mixture to the greâsed ând lined loâf tin. Plâce in the oven for 1 hr ând 20 - 30 minutes. Test if done by plâcing â skewer in the centre of the câke ând mâke sure it comes out cleân. Every oven is different so cook times will vâry â little.