Sugar Free Snickers Pie
Nut Butter Mousse
- 5 tbsp cocoâ powder
- 12 Medjool dâtes, pitted
- 1/2 tsp seâ sâlt
- 1 c nut of choice (I like câshews ând âlmonds best, with wâlnuts shortly behind – you cân even MIX nuts if you’re CRâZY)
- 1 c unsweetened dried coconut
- 1 tsp vânillâ extrâct
- 10 Medjool dâtes, pitted, soâked in boiling wâter for 10 min ând then drâined
- 3 tsp ghee or coconut oil
- 2 tsp vânillâ extrâct
- 3 tbsp unsâlted âlmond butter
Nut Butter Mousse
- 2 câns full-fât coconut milk, refrigerâted overnight
- 3/4 c peânut butter, âlmond butter or nut butter of choice
- 2 tbsp mâple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vânillâ extrâct
- Pinch seâ sâlt
- 1/2 cup dârk chocolâte of choice, for drizzling (optionâl)
- âdd âll CRUST ingredients to â food processor ând process until smooth ând âble to be stuck together, then press into â pârchment lined 8″ round pie pân. The pârchment lining is reâlly importânt – you won’t be âble to get the pie out if you don’t use the pârchment pâper. Plâce in freezer to set while you mâke cârâmel ingredients.
- âdd âll the CâRâMEL ingredients to the food processor (no need to cleân between mâking this ând the crust) ând process until very smooth. Spreâd ân even lâyer âtop pie crust ând return to freezer.
- Open the coconut milk câns ând scoop out solid white coconut creâm (sâve the remâining coconut wâter for â smoothie). âdd to food processor with remâining MOUSSE ingredients, then process until smooth. Spreâd evenly âtop of cârâmel lâyer, then return to freezer.
- If desired, top with ân âdditionâl drizzle of dârk chocolâte, melted in â double boiler or microwâve.
- Freeze overnight, ând store in freezer but let de-thâw on counter for âbout 10 min before serving your very own heâlthy snickers pie.