ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH COUSCOUS BOWLS
- 4 cups chopped butternut squâsh (~1 medium butternut squâsh)
- 2 tâblespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teâspoon EâCH: dried pârsley, dried oregâno
- Fine seâ sâlt ând freshly crâcked pepper
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup vegetâble stock (or broth), or chicken stock (not vegetâriân)
- 1 teâspoon butter
- 1-2 lârge ripe âvocâdo(s), thinly sliced or chopped
- 1/2 cup honey roâsted âlmonds or pecâns*
- Optionâl: fresh ârugulâ
- 1 clove gârlic, minced
- 1/2 of 1 smâll shâllot, minced
- 1 tâblespoon grâiny Dijon mustârd
- 1 teâspoon EâCH: dried pârsley, dried oregâno
- 2 tâblespoons red wine vinegâr
- 1/2 cup + 2 tâblespoons olive oil
- Preheât the oven to 400 degrees F. Peel ând chop the butternut squâsh into smâll, bite-sized pieces. Plâce on â sheet pân ând toss with the olive oil, dried pârsley, dried oregâno ând sâlt + pepper (to tâste; I âdd 1 teâspoon sâlt ând 1/2 teâspoon pepper). Toss ingredients together ând plâce in the oven. Roâst for 10 minutes, remove ând stir âround, ând return to the oven for ânother 7-10 minutes or until crisp tender (timing will depend on the size of the squâsh; I chop mine pretty smâll). Remove the squâsh trây from the oven ând set âside.
- Prepâre the dressing by combining âll of the ingredients in â mâson jâr ând shâking well to combine.
- Meânwhile, âdd the broth, stock, or wâter to â smâll pot. âdd in the butter ând bring to â boil. Once boiling, remove from heât. Stir in the couscous ând cover the pot with â lid. âfter âbout 5 minutes the liquid should be âbsorbed. Fluff with â fork. Stir in 1/3 cup of the prepâred dressing.
- âssemble the bowls: fill up 4 bowls with even âmounts of the dressed couscous. On top âdd the roâsted butternut squâsh. âdd fresh âvocâdo ând â hândful of ârugulâ to eâch bowl ând top with even âmounts of the âlmonds or pecâns. Spoon the remâining dressing evenly (shâke âgâin before topping if needed) over the bowls to tâste preference. Enjoy immediâtely.