TRULLY CRISPY ONION STRINGS
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Blackened Seasoning or other a purpose seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Peel onion, cut in half thinly sliced. Place in a bowl and cover with buttermilk.
- Mix flour and seasonings together in a zip top bag.
- Add a few onion slices to flour mixture and shake to coat. Shake off excess flour and place in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet to 350°. Add onions a few at a time until crispy. Remove to a wire rack to drain.