Garlic Pasta with Broccoli, Parmesan And Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 lb malfada pasta water reserved
- 4 tbsp salted butter divided
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 large head of broccoli finely chopped
- 10 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- The zest from 1 lemon
- The juice from 1 lemon
- 2 cups parmesan cheese divided
- Boil pasta in heavily salted water according to directions. Drain and reserve at least two cups of pasta water
- Meanwhile, add 2 tbsp salted butter, 2 tbsp olive oil and red pepper flakes to a large pan over medium-high heat. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the butter has dissolved and the red pepper flakes are beginning to sizzle. Immediately add broccoli, garlic and a pinch of salt then stir until everything’s mixed together. Add white wine and let it cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add al dente pasta to the broccoli pot and add the remaining 2 tbsp of butter, the lemon zest, lemon juice, and 1 cup parmesan cheese and stir. Add pasta water, little by little, and keep stirring until each noodle has a glossy finish and is coated with the broccoli mixture.
- To plate, add pasta then top with more parmesan cheese and another pinch of red pepper flakes