How to Make Herb Salt
You will need:
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup Himalayan pink salt, sea salt or kosher salt (a finer grind, not chunky)
- About 2 cups loosely-packed fresh herbs such as sage, rosemary, and thyme (for the Tuscan) or what ever herbs you fancy
- Strip the herbs from their stalks and give them a rough chop. Smash the garlic cloves with the side of your knife and chop them in with the herbs.
- Add some of the salt to the garlic/herb pile and continue to chop. Of course, you may use a food processor to do this step. Just add the herbs, garlic cloves and about half of the salt, then process. I like to do this by hand because I find it relaxing; it’s my zen moment. If you prefer to skip the zen-chop, by all means, process on!