Healthy Dairy Free + Gluten Free Banana Muffins
Fluffy, healthy gluten free banana muffins with the perfect amount of sweetness from banana and pure maple syrup. These muffins are freezer-friendly and great for breakfasts or snacks!
- 1 heaping cup mashed, ripe banana (from about 3 medium bananas)
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed fine blanched almond flour
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2-3 tablespoons mini or regular dairy free chocolate chips (I use Enjoy life), for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with 10 muffin liners and spray the inside of the liners with nonstick cooking spray. This helps to prevent sticking.
- In a large bowl, mix together mashed banana, eggs, maple syrup and vanilla extract until smooth. In a separate large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt until well combined.