Vegan Almond Cardamom Cake
Bursting with flavors of almonds and cardamom, this soft and moist Vegan Almond Cardamom Cake is just what you need with or coffee or tea!
- 1 cup all purpose flour, 130 grams
- 1/4 cup almond flour, 24 grams
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 20 grams
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon + 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 & 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar, 15 ml
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened, 240 ml
- 1/4 cup oil, 60 ml, any flavorless oil, I used canola oil
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar, 150 grams or adjust to taste to make it less sweet
- 1/4 teaspoon + 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- zest of 1 lemon, optional
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, + more to sprinkle on top
- Line a 8 x 2 inch round pan with parchment paper and spray with a non-stick spray. Set it aside. Pre-heat oven to 350 F degrees.
- In a large bowl sift together all purpose flour, almond flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, cardamom powder and salt. Set it aside.
- Take your 1 cup measuring cup and add 1 tablespoon white vinegar to it. Now start adding almond milk to the cup until it's filled to the top. Set it aside for 5 minutes while you proceed to the next steps.
- Get complete recipe >> Click Here