Vegan Chocolate Caramels
Rich & gooey homemade vegan chocolate caramels. So decadent & delicious and surprisingly easy to make. Perfect as an indulgent treat or as a gift for someone special
- 1 chocolate mold or if you don't mind large chocolates a silicone ice cube tray would work.
- 100g | 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (refined or unrefined is fine)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300g | 2 cups vegan dark chocolate
- Add the coconut sugar and the water to a pan.
- Place over a medium heat and cook until the sugar has completely dissolved and it is just starting to bubble. DO NOT STIR!! If you need to, just swirl the pan a bit. It will take 2- 3 minutes max. Do not leave it unattended as it will burn very easily if left too long.
- Remove from the heat and add the coconut oil, tahini, salt and vanilla. Stir very well until it is all well combined. It is normal to see a few little light flecks through it. If you have trouble getting it to come together put it over a low heat again for 30 seconds or so.
- Click here to view complete recipe