SUPER CREAMY VEGAN STOVETOP MAC & "CHEESE"
- 8 ounces penne or macaroni pasta (shells and rotini are also good)*
- 3 cups diced butternut squash (about 1/2 small squash)
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion (about 1/2 medium onion)
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt + more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper + more to taste
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup canned coconut milk (lite works also; the sauce may just be a bit thinner)
- 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon Tamari or soy sauce, to taste
- Fill a large pot 2/3 full with water and place over high heat. Once boiling, add a few generous pinches of salt and add the pasta. Cook according to the time on the package until al dente. Drain and return to pan (off heat). Set aside.
- Get more instructions >> Click Here