MEXICAN EGGS BENEDICT
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large avocado (smashed with a fork.
- 170 grams ground chorizo (approx. 5 chorizo sausage, removed from their casings)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 jalapeno sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp chipotle paste (or 1 tsp chipotle powder)
- 1/4 cup hot melted ghee (or butter if not Paleo)
- Peel a butternut squash and cut the long neck into slices approximately 1/2 inch in thickness. Heat a grill to medium high heat. Brush each butternut squash slice with olive oil and grill the slices for approximately 5-6 minutes per side until grill marks appear and the squash is slightly tender. Transfer the slices to the oven set on very low heat to keep them warm while you prep the rest of the recipe.
- Get complete recipe >> Click here