Instant Pot Cuban Black Beans
- 1 1/2 cup dried black beans, picked over, rinsed, soaked, and rinsed again.
- 1 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, avocado oil or ghee
- 1 1/2 cups minced yellow onion
- 2 cups diced bell pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano
- 5 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder), or to taste
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 5 cups broth
- cayenne to taste (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in your Instant Pot. Stir a few times to mix.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, lock in place and turn the valve to sealing.
- Select the MANUAL setting and use the +/- buttons to set cook time for 30 minutes on HIGH pressure.
- Click here to view complete recipe