Canestrelli Delicious Italian Cookies
Canestrelli a wonderfully delicious Italian Cookie, an almost shortbread type cookie but with a crunch, fast and easy. The perfect afternoon tea cookie.
- 1 cup flour 150 grams
- 1/2 cup + 1 1/2 tablespoons powdered sugar 75 grams
- pinch salt
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons corn starch 100 grams
- 2/3 cup cold butter cut into pieces 150 grams
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla 2.10 grams
- 3 hard boiled egg yolks (just the yolks)
- zest 1/2 lemon
- Place eggs in a pot and cover with cold water, heat until boiling, then remove from heat and let sit 8-10 minutes. Place under cold water. Remove shell when cooled and mash well with a fork.
- In a food processor whisk together flour, sugar, salt, corn starch and zest, then add cold butter and vanilla, pulse a few times to mix, add egg yolks and pulse until almost combined, move to a lightly floured flat surface and knead gently until combined.
- Wrap in plastic wrap or parchment paper and refrigerate for at least an hour or two or even overnight.
- Click here to view complete recipe