Banana Split Icebox Cake
- 2 cans or packages full-fat coconut milk (I use So Delicious Original Culinary Coconut Milk), chilled overnight
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup rice milk powder, soymilk powder or dairy-free coconut milk powder (see note below)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- 5 to 6 whole dairy-free graham crackers (see post above for gluten-free and strict vegan)
- 2 to 3 bananas, sliced into rounds
- ⅓ cup sliced strawberries
- 3 tablespoons drained crushed pineapple
- ¼ cup dairy-free chocolate syrup (see post above for options)
- Skim the thick coconut cream from the chilled coconut milk (leaving any watery / pure liquid behind) and place it in a chilled mixing bowl. Add the sugar, dairy-free milk powder (if using), vanilla, and lemon juice, if using).
- Blend with a hand mixer to combine and lightly whip. Cover and refrigerate while you prepare the rest.
- Spread a thin layer of the whipped coconut cream in the bottom of a glass loaf pan (8.5x4.5-inch used here). Then cover with a layer of graham crackers, using smaller rectangles to fill in the edges as needed. Top with a single layer of banana slices. Repeat these layers until the pan is full, ending with a layer of coconut cream.
- Click here to view complete recipe