Healthy Baked Blueberry Protein Donuts
- 1/3 cup (30g) gluten free oats, ground into oat flour*see below for alternatives
- 3 tbsp (20g) almond meal/almond flour
- 2 tbsp (~15g) unflavoured whey protein or your favourite protein powder**
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 (~90g) egg whites
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup or 1 1/2-2 tsp liquid stevia***
- ~1/4 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen (I just added a handful)
- Preheat oven to 180C/355F
- Grease a non-stick donut pan or muffin tin and set aside
- Combine all your ingredients, except for the blueberries, until smooth and no lumps remain.
- Gently stir through your blueberries and spoon your mixture into your prepared pans, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake your donuts for 8-10 minutes or until they are cooked through and a skewer inserted into the middle removes clean. The underside of your donuts will be nice and golden whilst the top will still be quite pale. Don't worry if they look ugly in the pans, just flip them over to the good side!
- Get complete instructions >> Click Here