Carne Guisada with tender beef slices and potatoes braised in tomatoes for an easy weeknight dinner. It's hearty, tasty and fantastic with rice!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 pounds chuck steak, sliced thinly
- 3 large Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 cup water or beef broth
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a dutch oven or wide skillet over medium heat, heat oil.
- Add onions and garlic and cook until softened.
- Add beef and cook until lightly browned.
- Click here to view complete recipe