WEDDING CUPCAKE BUTTERCREAM
This is my go-to frosting recipe for all cakes and cupcakes. It turns out perfect every time!
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (use clear extract, if you really want it white)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons heavy or regular whipping cream
- In a large bowl, with a hand or stand mixer, cream together sugar and butter on low speed. Mix until well blended. Increase speed to medium and beat for another 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla and 1 tablespoon of cream and continue to beat on medium speed for 1 minute more.
- Add more cream if needed for desired spreading/piping consistency.
- Click here to view full recipe