Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Poke Cake
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- Eggs, oil and water for cake
- 1 8-ounce block cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 12-ounce tub cool whip, divided
- Chocolate sauce (such as Hershey’s)
- 3 tablespoons chopped peanuts (optional)
- Prepare and bake chocolate cake mix per manufacturer’s instructions for a 13x9 cake. Cool cake completely.
- Using the handle of a standard-sized wooden spoon, poke 30-35 holes in cake (do not use a fork - the holes have to be big enough for the thick peanut butter pie filling).
- Combine cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk in a large bowl or stand mixer and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add peanut butter and continue mixing until thoroughly incorporated.
- Click here to view full recipe