Blackout Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
Deep, dark, rich chocolate frosting perfect for birthday cakes and cupcakes. Or just by the spoonful. Add more confectioners' sugar to taste.
- 16 oz unsalted butter softened slightly
- 16 oz Shortening Crisco or Trex
- 12 oz confectioners'/powdered sugar
- 4 oz Cocoa Noir powder
- 2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1-4 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- Sift together confectioners' sugar and cocoa noir - set aside.
- Add butter and shortening to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and mix on medium untill incorporated.
- Add confectioners' sugar/cocoa noir mixture to the bowl and pulse quickly on lowest speed to begin to incorporate. Once the mixture has begun to come together, set the mixer to medium speed and allow to beat for 3 minutes.
- Get more instructions >> Click Here