Authentic Paleo Pizza
- ⅓ cup (2 2/3 fluid ounces) warm water
- 3 tablespoons (42 g) extra virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 tablespoon (21 g) honey
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast (or 1 3/4 teaspoons instant yeast)
- 1 egg (50 g, weighed out of shell) at room temperature, beaten
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus a pinch for sprinkling
- 1¾ cups (210 g) tapioca starch/flour, divided, plus more for dusting
- 1 cup (120 g) almond flour, plus more as needed
- Pizza toppings, as desired
- In a large bowl, place the warm water, olive oil, and honey and whisk to combine well.
- Sprinkle the yeast on top and let it sit for about 5 minutes, until foamy. Whisk in the egg.
- Add the salt and 1½ cups (180 g) of the tapioca flour and whisk until a smooth, sticky batter forms. Switch to a spatula or wooden spoon and stir in the almond flour, and then stir in the remaining tapioca flour. The dough should appear shaggy.
- Click here to view full recipe