Strawberry Doughnut Shortcake
Strawberry Doughnut Shortcake:
- Clean and slice 1 container (16 oz) of ripe strawberries.
- If desired, add 1 Tbs sugar and a tiny pinch of cinnamon, mix.
- (It's OK to let the berry flavor shine...
- without too much sugar, plenty of sweetness in the doughnut)
- Cover berries with the cinnamon sugar mixture, if using.
- Let coated berries rest for at least 30 minutes to macerate.
- (Make fresh or use the pre-made)
- 2 cups of heaving whipping cream
- 2 TBS confectioner's sugar
- 1 tiny pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Whip cream on medium then high with a hand mixer
- for 4-5 minutes or until cream is thickened and fluffy. (Using a chilled bowl helps this process along)
- If you want to get fancy, put your fresh whipped
- cream in a piping bag with a large tip for fancier results... fancier than a dollop.
- Slice a glazed doughnut in half through the middle (like slicing a bagel)
- Read full recipe >> Click Here