Peppermint Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 28 unwrapped peppermint kisses
- Cream butter & both sugars with mixer. Add eggs one at a time and mix just until incorporated. Mix in mint extract.
- Combine flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a medium bowl. Add 1/2 cup dry mixture to butter mixture.
- Blending after each addition just until combined and scraping side of mixer bowl as needed. Remove bowl from mixer, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours up to overnight.
- >> Click Here for full instructions