LION HOUSE ROLLS
- 2 cups warm water
- 2/3 cup instant nonfat dry milk
- 2 Tablespoons dry yeast (around 2 packages - if you use 2 it's just under 2 Tablespoons but it works)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup butter (5 1/3 tablespoons - plus more for brushing the rolls after baking.)
- 1 egg
- 5 to 5 1/2 cups all purpose flour (bread flour can be used if you have it on hand and will make for a lighter roll)
- In the large bowl of an electric mixer, combine the water and the milk powder and stir so the milk dissolves.
- Add the yeast to this mixture while water and milk is still warm. I let the yeast proof (dissolve and start to react) for a couple of minutes then add the sugar, salt, butter, egg and 2 cups of the flour.
- Mix on low speed of mixer until ingredients are wet, then turn to medium speed and mix for 2 minutes. Stop the mixer and add 3 more cups of flour (now 5 cups total added so far) then mix on low speed until the ingredients are wet, then turn mixer on medium speed and mix for 2 minutes. The dough will be getting stiff.
- Get full recipe >> Click Here