JALAPEÑO CHEDDAR CORNBREAD
- 1-1/2 cup (200g | 7oz) yellow corn meal
- 1 cup (130g | 4.5oz) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt (I use Himalayan salt)
- 2 large jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped (save a handful to garnish)
- 1-3/4 cup (175g | 6.2oz) grated sharp cheddar cheese (save a handful to garnish)
- 1 cup (170g | 6oz) corn kernels (fresh, frozen or canned), drained well
- 1-1/4 cup (300ml) buttermilk
- 1/3 cup (80g | 2.8oz) butter, melted
- 1/3 cup (110g | 3.9oz) liquid honey
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 400°F degrees; grease and lightly coat a 9" baking dish with corn meal. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt; mix well with a whisk until fully combined.
- Add the grated cheese and chopped jalapeño (save a handful of each to garnish the top of the bread) as well as the corn kernels to the flour mixture. Mix delicately until well coated.
- Read more >> Click Here