How to Make Caramel
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 12 tbsp (180g) unsalted butter cut into small chunks
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Place the sugar in a large heavy-bottomed pan over a medium heat. Once the edges of the sugar starts to turn to liquid, stir with a heat resistant rubber spatula. Keep stirring every few seconds.
- The sugar will initially go very lumpy, then will turn to a golden liquid. Continue to heat whilst stirring until all the sugar (including any smaller lumps) have melted. If it seems to be taking a long time, turn the heat down whilst stirring, to prevent the caramel from burning.
- Once all the sugar has melted, very carefully add the butter to the pan. It will bubble and spit, so you may want to lower it in with a spoon to be extra careful.
- Get full recipe >> Click Here