Crock Pot Chunky Monkey Paleo Trail Mix
- 2 cup raw walnuts (halves or coursely chopped)
- 1 cup raw cashews halves or whole almonds work too)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (be sure to get big FLAKES not shredded)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1- 1.5 tbsp butter (cut in slices) or at room temp 2 to 3 tbsp coconut oil to make vegan
- 1 tsp vanilla or butter extract
- 6 ounces unsweetened banana chips or dried banana slices
- 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips or paleo fudge chunks (we used Enjoy life foods brand)
- parchment paper
- place your nuts, coconut, sugar, vanilla, and butter (slices) or coconut oil in crock pot. Mix together and place on high for 45- 60 minutes. Stir a few times checking to make sure coconut flakes do not burn. NOTE -Reduce to low after 45 minutes if flakes are cooking faster or browning.
- Then turn to low for the next 20-30 minutes.
- Remove and place crock pot contents on parchment paper to dry out. Be sure to let it cool for at least 15 minutes before adding the chocolate and banana.
- Get full recipe >> click here