Chocolate Chip Butterscotch Bars
These one bowl bars have all the comfort of an old-fashioned butterscotch bar and the added pleasure of gooey chocolate chips in every bite.
- 1 stick (4 oz 8 tbsp) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 c (12 oz) light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 c (6 1/2 oz) all purpose flour
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9x13 pan. If desired, cut a length of parchment paper to size - so that it fits the length of the pan and overhangs the sides by at least a few inches - and then grease the parchment.
- Melt the butter, either in a saucepan set on medium low or in a bowl in the microwave. If using the microwave, use a medium sized mixing bowl which will be large enough for all the ingredients and have one less thing to clean.
- Now, either add the brown sugar to the microwaved butter in the bowl or pull out your medium sized mixing bowl and whisk the butter and brown sugar together until smooth.
- Read more instructions >> Click Here