Chewy Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies
Chewy chocolate mint chip cookies that are coloured green for a perfect St. Patrick's Day treat - or any time really! These cookies are always welcome!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 15-20 drops green food colouring (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mint filled chocolate chips (or mint chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter, sugar and brown sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg, peppermint extract, and food colouring (if using), and cream until smooth.
- In another bowl whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add this to the butter mixture and mix until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and mint filled chips.
- Get more instructions >> Click Here