Butter Pecan Cookies
Buttery, soft 'n chewy cookies exploding with toasted pecans and brown sugar flavor. This cookie dough requires chilling - at least 3 hours and up to 3 days.
- 1 and 1/2 cups (195g) Diamond of California chopped pecans
- 1 cup (230g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (200g) packed light brown sugar (or dark brown)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature preferred
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 and 1/2 cups (312g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup (67g) granulated sugar, for rolling
- sea salt, for sprinkling
- In a 300°F (149°C) oven, toast the chopped pecans on a large parchment paper or silicone mat-lined baking sheet for 15 minutes. Stir twice during this time. Turn oven off and set pecans aside.
- In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter for 1 minute on medium speed until completely smooth and creamy.
- Add the granulated sugar and brown sugar and beat on medium high speed until fluffy and light in color. Beat in eggs and vanilla on high speed. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- Get full recipe >> Click Here