- 2 cups (250 grams) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup lukewarm milk
- 1 envelope (7 grams) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (45 grams) butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) sugar
- 1 pound (450 grams) baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 egg, lightly beaten (optional, to brush the croissants for a shiny crust)
- 2 oz (55 grams) chocolate, melted (optional to drizzle over the croissants once baked)
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour. Make a well in the middle and pour the lukewarm milk. Sprinkle the dry yeast over the milk, give it a little stir with a fork and let the yeast proof. Soon bubbles will appear and the yeast will foam and double in size.
- Fit your stand mixer with the dough hook. Turn it on to the lower speed.
- Add the melted butter, sugar and with the dough hook on, knead the dough until it cleans itself from the sides of the bowl.
- Place the dough in a buttered dish, cover with a tea towel or a plastic wrap and let sit until doubled in size. This should take about 1 hour to 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 12 (almost) equal pieces.
- Read more instructions >> Click Here