Vanilla Cupcakes Recipe
- 1⅓ cups (185 grams/6.5 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick/115 grams) butter, softened
- 1 cup (200 grams/7 ounces) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup (120 ml) whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as necessary. On medium speed, beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract and beat until combined. With the mixer on low speed, add half of the dry ingredients and beat just until combined.
- Add milk and beat until combined. Add the other half of the dry ingredients and beat slowly or fold by hand only until combined. Do not over mix – the less you mix, the lighter the cake will be.
- Divide batter evenly between the cups, filling them about ¾ full.
- Get full recipe HERE