Perfect Blueberry Muffins
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter (cold is fine)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 lemon (previously: 1/2 teaspoon zest)
- 3/4 cup yogurt (plain unsweetened, or sour cream)
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt (or fine sea)
- 1 1/2 cups flour (all-purpose)
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries fresh (or frozen, no need to defrost, previously: 3/4 cup, see note up top)
- 3 tablespoons sugar (turbinado, in the raw sugar)
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Line a muffin tin with 9 paper liners or spray each cup with a nonstick spray.
- Melt butter in the bottom of a large bowl and whisk in sugar, zest, yogurt and egg until smooth. Whisk in baking powder, baking soda and salt until fully combined, then lightly fold in flour and berries. Batter will be very thick, like a cookie dough.
- Divide between prepared muffin cups and sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon turbinado sugar, which will seem over-the-top but I promise, will be the perfect crunchy lid at the end
- Get Full Recipe Click Here