Molten Chocolate Cakes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (plus more for buttering ramekins)
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate (chopped, best quality such as Ghirardelli)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 450 F degrees. Generously butter six 6-ounce ramekins (really be generous, and do not substitute non-stick cooking spray). Set the ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Melt the butter in a medium bowl in the microwave. Immediately add the chopped chocolate and stir until the chocolate is completely smooth and melted. If a few chunks remain, place the bowl back in the microwave for 20 seconds, then stir again. Repeat if necessary. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, egg yolks, brown sugar, vanilla and salt at high speed until thickened and pale, about 4 minutes using a hand mixer.
- Add the melted chocolate mixture and flour to the egg mixture and fold with a rubber spatula until just combined (the chocolate sinks to the bottom so be sure to scrape it up into the batter).
- Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared ramekins and bake for 10 minutes
- Get Full Recipe HERE